The most convenient way to reach conference venue (Wojanów Palace) is to arrive in the city of Jelenia Góra being just 8 km away. This can be done by the train from most cities in Poland and they, in turn, could be reached by the number of airports. Naturally, the airport in Wrocław is the closest one.
- Wrocław Airport -> Railway station in Wrocław -> train [2h] to Jelenia Góra
- Warsaw Airport -> Railway station in Warsaw -> train [6h] to Jelenia Góra
- Poznań Airport -> Railway station in Poznań -> train [5h] to Jelenia Góra
Recommended train for participants coming to Warsaw by plane (naturally, after reaching Warsaw's city center:
- 15:57-21:22 Warszawa Centralna - Jelenia Góra
In case of Wroclaw's airport the train connection from Wrocław Main Railway Station to Wojanów is quite frequent and takes approximately 2h:
- check schedule Wrocław - Jelenia Góra
From Jelenia Góra to Wojanów
We advise taking the taxi (which costs around 10 euros). More details will be provided later.
Wojanów by the conference bus from Wrocław
A bus from Wrocław to Conference venue will be organized from Plac M. Borna 9 (Max Born Square in front of the Institute of Physics: see google maps) on the late afternoon of 23th of September 2018 [exact hour will be provided later].
For the google street view of the exact place please: check here
On late afternoon 27th of September, there will be also a return bus from the conference venue to Wrocław.
- Starting address: Institute of Theoretical Physics, Plac Maksa Borna 9, 50-204 Wrocław, (google maps)
- Direction: Pałac Wojanów
If you plan to obtain more information about the city we recommend visiting:
You can reach Wrocław quite comfortably by train or airplane.
From Wrocław Airport to the Institute
Airport: www.airport.wroclaw.pl is connected to the city center by bus line 106 (direction "Dworcowa"). In order to get to the Institute of Theoretical Physics at Plac M. Borna 9 you need to get off at the stop "Plac Orląt Lwowskich" and change either to tram 0P (direction "Dworzec Nadodrze") or to tram 14 (direction "Osobowice") and get off at the stop "Dmowskiego".
- More information on the bus/tram connection between Airport and Institute connections (map, number of stops, times) can be found on this webpage.
- Tickets can be purchased in ticket machines (biletomat), located at bus stops, or onboard tram/bus, using debit or credit card.
- The easiest way would be just taking a taxi directly from the airport for around of 50 PLN (polish zloty), which is between 10-15 EUR. Depending on the traffic conditions and transportation method the travel time between airport and city center may take up to one hour.
From Wrocław Main Railway/Bus Station to the Insitute
- From the Main Railway or Bus Station, one can get to Plac M. Borna 9, where the Institute of Theoretical Physics is located, by tram 0P, which runs every 20 minutes even on Sundays.
- Remember that you have to get off either at "Dmowskiego" or "Pomorska" stops.
- See website for more details: jakdojade.pl